As we start the New Year, I think it is important to reflect on 2015. It was a big year of changes for me. First year of marriage, hubby getting a new job, our first big move away from family and friends, and our new chapter in Connecticut. It’s been an incredible journey. As I reflected on the year with a clear mind and a clear heart, I found a theme: embrace change. Let go of the anxiety caused by that endless list of “what if’s” in your brain, and be excited for what is to come.
Instead of setting New Year’s Resolutions, I am setting intentions. I read an article on Mind Body Green by Rachael Kable that tugged at my heart:16 Affirmations To Inspire A Vibrant, Fulfilling Year.
Our thoughts shape our reality.
I wrote down all sixteen of the affirmations or a piece of scrap paper and taped it to my wall. These are my intentions for 2016. It’s not a resolution, not a goal, but a state of mind.
- I am moving closer to my dreams.
- I love myself and the people around me.
- The world needs my uniqueness.
- I wake up each morning with intention and purpose.
- I am ready to create amazing memories.
- I am powerful in so many ways.
- I create time for my hobbies and activities I enjoy.
- Every day, I learn and continue to grow into the best version of myself.
- I am supported, safe, and free.
- I am grateful for everything in my life.
- I accept, love, and appreciate myself, exactly as I am.
- I listen to my needs and prioritize self-care.
- I radiate love with smiles.
- I am open to abundance, joy, and pleasure.
- I’m excited for what’s to come.
- Today is meaningful, important, and special.